Saturday, May 21, 2011

Something interesting about VirtualBox

I'm not really an expert on most of the things I am testing out so I keep track of the things I learn here.

It seems as though there are at the moment four networking options avail to VMs in VirtualBox. The first is not to allow networking. This cuts off access to ALL networking programs. The second is a NAT. Essentially this allows the VM access to the network with its own pseudo-router serving up a Class B private address. The third is a bridged network. This allows the VM to aquire a DHCP generated IP address from an external router. I haven't really looked at the fourth setting.

To allow access to the CD/DVD burner the CD/DVD needs to be set to passthrough. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

I tried a webcam recently and although it was recognised there was no video or audio on the screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home